Welcome to Bertram Hawker Kindergarten
We believe children learn best through play, which involves them in concrete, active experiences.
Parent involvement is considered vital to provide quality services encompassing the early childhood needs of the local community with excellence and equity.
Staff Roles and Responsibilities
- Plan for a play oriented environment
- Respect and value the individuality of each child
- Recognise, respect and affirm individual cultural differences
- Implement affirmative action to ensure equality of opportunity for all children and families in respect of gender, marital status, physical and intellectual ability, race, nationality, sexuality and social economic status
- Articulate the goals for the curriculum content
- Are well organised and prepared so that most of their contact time is spent interacting with the children
- Are constantly evaluating each child’s development
- Are flexible and responsive to spontaneous events
- Use language which challenges the children’s thinking and imagination
- Model appropriate values and attitudes through personal example
- Address problems by careful observation and skilful intervention
- Are relaxed and show warmth in their contact with children and adults
- Acknowledge and celebrate achievement
- Welcome parents and encourage their participation
- Have strategies to ensure accountability to the children, their parents, the agency and the profession
- Observe, record and evaluate our programme to assess its effectiveness and plan for improvement
We have a spacious building providing three separate rooms for educational play activities. The centre is well equipped with extensive early numeracy and literacy equipment, puzzles, games, construction toys, books and musical instruments – all of which facilitate learning at each child’s developmental level.
Our outdoor area is large and leafy with lots of shade, providing numerous areas for your child to explore, discover and be creative. The staff continually assess the learning environment, programs and curriculum.
Policies and procedures
Planning & reporting
Feedback & complaints
Let us know if you have feedback or a complaint, or if you want to give us a compliment. Feedback is valuable as it helps us shape our services to meet your needs.